- Powell River picked up their first win in Cowichan Valley this season. You may recall the Caps won 5-4 in 2OT on November 13th. The Kings weren't about into another shoot out with Cow Valley.
- The win is the 42 of the season for Powell River and 19th on the road. The Kings have tied the franchise record for points in a season at 89. The 93-94 Paper Kings were the holders of that mark. However there was no overtime in that era and only ties. The record could have an asterisk beside it. The team is only two wins from tyng the franchise record of 44 also set in 93-94. Four games left, can they do it?
- Overall this was a big bounce back performance from the Kings. Last night was one of their worst games and 24 hours later this was a solid as solid can be on the road. Furthermore there were great rebound performances by quite a few players.
- You just knew Mike Garteig wasn't going go be beat tonight. For all his natural abilities what impresses me most is his fiery competiveness. The veteran goaltender was on tonight and was a steady hand in the crease. I think his saves tonight from a technical stand point were excellent.
- From Justin DaSilva to Zach Urban the back end was rock steady. Last night was proven as a one game anomaly. The Kings D-core shut down the line of Grant, Matheson and Cassidy, which was on fire coming into the game. They kept it simply with their outs and simply played within themselves.
- Carter Shinkaruk where has that shot been?!? A beauty! Shinkaruk's shirt side top shelf wrister was clutch. The Kings were at that point, clinging to a one goal lead. That goal was the straw that broke the Camels back. When Shinkaruk plays north-south, he can be scary good.
- I would give a thumbs up to Mitch Ball in his second game as a King. If it wasn't for a rolling puck in the first, he would of had his first BCHL goal. He didn't look out of place and showed he can play at this level.
- in my opinion, it was the young pups who were the best for the Capitals. I thought Tyler Jones, Clayton Chessa and Chase Kaiser were their best line. They kept it simple, threw checks and generated chances of the cycle and rush.
- The Kings are back in action 18 hours later on Sunday afternoon against the Express. Both teams will be on the 10:15 ferry out of Little River, so no distinct travel advantage. Also both teams played tonight.