Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Goodbye

As you may have wondered I have left the Powell River Kings organization to take a position with the Penticton Vees.

First off, I would like to thank Kent Lewis and his staff for bringing me on to call games on Sun FM in the 2010-2011 season. It truly was a pleasure to be part of such a successful organization on and off the ice. The Kings have built up a strong program and it will only get better. Powell River is spoiled to be able to watch the product they put out year after year.

To the fans, I sincerely appreciate all the feedback I received this past season-constructive too. It meant a lot to a young broadcaster cutting his teeth in the BCHL. Powell River has some of the most passionate and dedicated fans in the league. I will never forget the atmosphere in the Hap Parker Arena during games five & seven against Victoria and in the BCHL finals.

I would be remiss not to mention the great work of the Volunteers. The army of dedicated fans have a thankless job and do it without complaint and a smile on their face. Volunteers are the back bone of any junior hockey team.

Thank you Powell River.

No comments:

Post a Comment